Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Just So I Remember

I try hard to remember all the funny things Eli is saying these days, but it seems by the time I manage to get to the blog to write them down I have already forgotten most of them. :( I want so badly to remember it all! Life just seems a little crazy sometimes. I really need to slow down and savor these moments more. They are growing up so fast.

The other day I was feeding Hailey in her room and Eli came in to check on us. He had been reading books in his room but decided to come join the party. He sat down on the floor beside me and started to look through a photo album from Hailey's delivery day. He just LOVES looking at pictures of her. He turned to the first page and with the most affectionate expression said, "Aww Haywee June!" I had never heard him say her first and middle name and it was just so cute. I tried not to laugh at him as he continued through the book talking to her pictures and commenting on how pretty she is. :)
What a sweet boy. :)
I have decided that Eli is not quite ready to start toilet training. A few months ago we bought him an Elmo step stool so he could stand at the toilet and try to go to the bathroom. He loves standing there but he hasn't ever actually gone in the toilet. I am pretty grossed out by the little potty seats (which I may just have to get over) and Marc is really grossed out by him sitting backwards on the toilet while holding onto the lid (another method some friends used). So, I guess we just continue to wait for now until he is more ready. The other day we were in the living room when it began permeating with a poop smell. I questioned Eli (the obvious source when things smell THAT bad) and he was so quick to blame Hailey! He told me. "No mama, Haywee poopoo." After a quick check of pants I figured out Eli was definitely the culprit. Poor girl getting blamed already. :)These babies are just too much goodness! I just adore my time with them and miss them so much when I am at work. I guess that is a good thing though.

We have a lot going on in the next few months (selling a house, Eli's birthday, moving, starting the fellowship, etc.) but I am hoping to still get on here with updates. But, there is my excuse if it doesn't work out that way! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment