Marc and I went with the kids this past weekend to Ashland, Kansas which is just a few hours from here. I think the population is around 900. We had a great weekend meeting some new people and enjoying the country life. This town does not even have one doctor currently to run their clinic or hospital so they frequently bring people from the residency in to work for the weekend. I think they appreciated Marc coming!
We stayed with a very sweet couple at their bed and breakfast for the weekend. They have a brand new beautiful home and were such wonderful hosts to us. We had two separate rooms in their walk out basement which worked much better for us for sleeping arrangements. We put Eli on a blow up mattress in one room which was a whole new adventure for him since he is still in his crib at home. I think it was actually more freedom than he knew what to do with. He was a ball of energy each night before bed and having a mattress to jump up and down on seemed to only add fuel to the fire. :)
I really enjoy small town life. I know lack of access can sometimes make things difficult but the slower pace is so refreshing to see. Less traffic, noise, and pollution are just a few perks, but the sense of community is hard to beat. We enjoyed sitting around, sipping on tea, and making some new friends. Eli seemed to make friends with everyone except the very old dog, Bandit, at the house we were staying at. Bandit was very glad to see us packing up the car on Sunday and putting this wild man in it. :)
Although Mother's Day was spent away from home and traveling, it was great spending some time enjoying my family. On Sunday, I got to open the sweetest gifts that Eli and Hailey had made for me at school. Marc picked up the kids on their last day last week and was able to hide their gifts from me until Sunday. Eli was SO proud to see me open his present. It just warmed my heart. I love my babies dearly and can't think of any other little ones I would rather be mother to. They are simply the best there is....
especially when they are covered in peas. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment