I have had a difficult time getting pictures to upload (which is quite sad for me since I love to take pictures!) but today is a good day so I figured I should catch you up on a few pictures. I will try to share a post in the next few days with some more of our "happenings" lately. You can read the Kubacz's blog to learn about our recent trip to market as well as a sad and unexpected loss that they are processing through right now.
While peak malaria season has ended, we are still in an area where it is recommended to take prophylactic medication and use mosquito nets over your bed at night. Eli loves his net! He gets so excited to get underneath it at night. The guard rail that we brought for his bed has worked out really well and makes us sleep much better at night knowing he is not going to fall out of bed. :) This picture was taken at the guest house in Niamey.
The swing at the guest house in Niamey
Ready for take-off!
This is the dust haze that is pretty common this time of year. Nothing but desert out here!
Many people have asked about the hospital and where it is situated in Galmi. If you can focus through the haze of dust, this picture shows you everything from an aerial view. The triangle of trees you see in the picture is where the missionary compound is. The airstrip makes up the right arm of the triangle and the only paved road for travel makes up the left arm of the triangle. The hospital is situated on the bottom left of the triangle just before the village begins.
Hope you enjoyed seeing a bit more of our life lately!








As I look at your pictures my thoughts turn toward "child-like faith". I look at the joy on Eli's face as he is sitting behind you on that small airplane. (The journey of his life!). He's not the least bit concerned - his daddy is in the control seat. Your Father is with you too through the pain, suffering,and language barriers. There is a light in that remote place of the world. The gospel is being shared - give Him what you have and He will multiply it. It will take child-like faith.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about the Kubacz's loss. Give them our love. It has been a great comfort to know they are there with you.