The presents were all out under the tree when we arrived which was quite tempting for our trio. The packages were slowly losing paper in spots until it was finally time to unwrap.
My mom finally made the call to open presents a few hours earlier than planned. :)
Hailey got some new PJs and sleep mask. Ha!
We headed back home just in time to load up in the car again the next day to drive to Bloomington. In fact, I didn't even unpack the suitcases. My parents had all the clothes washed and dried before we left so I didn't need to re-pack when we got home. We were able to stop off and see some extended family for a few hours Christmas Eve afternoon before the church service. I think our kids were quite entertaining for the crowd. I kept getting comments like, "I don't know how you do it!" They are a BIG handful at times, but I can't imagine it any other way. It is a good "full." :)
We did an early church service in Bloomington and arrived to the Carrigan house in time for pizza and presents. Our kids really love spending time with people. It is always fun to watch them interact with family with such enthusiasm.
We brought the kids' stockings with us for them to open on Christmas day. They had lots of fun digging through their treasures. Even Isaac had a good time searching all the way to the bottom.
We enjoyed a few relaxing days with Marc's parents and brother. My favorite thing to do in the winter at their house is sit by the gas log fire. It is SO warm, it easily makes me forget how cold it is outside!
Eli and Hailey made some cookies with Mama Reenie and then we all enjoyed eating them. :)
We really had a great time with family over the holidays!




.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment