We had planned a trip to Arkansas to meet our new niece before we were scheduled to leave for our month away in Africa. The timing of babies is always hard to predict! We scheduled our trip for a weekend after my sister's due date knowing the baby would surely have arrived by then. But as that weekend approached and my sister's due date came and went, I became more nervous that I might not meet my new niece as planned. We packed the car on that Friday and headed for Arkansas still hopeful that it might all work out. We received a phone call half-way into our trip that my sister had gone into labor! We pulled into my parent's house late that evening. I helped Marc get the kids in bed and then headed off for the hospital. I knew it was going to be close since the last text I had received was that my sister's doctor was there and they were ready for her to push. I walked into the hospital, greeted my family, and within five minutes heard my niece's first cries through the door. I could not believe how the timing of it all worked out. It was quite miraculous! We really enjoyed getting to spend the weekend with my family. We even got to see my grandparents and aunt who had also made the trip to meet Ellie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)




No comments:
Post a Comment