Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Happy Halloween

Isaac is napping and I am eating my way through his bag of Halloween candy so it seems a great time to share pictures of the big night of costumes and candy. Eli dressed up as Batman this year, Hailey was Elsa from Frozen, and Isaac was Mickey Mouse. We drove to Bloomington for the night and enjoyed trick-or-treating with the cousins. It was pretty cold but the kids didn't seem to mind. This is one of those holidays that it would pay to live in a warmer state. :)

We had lots of fun and the kids got way too much candy! I found out our pediatric dentist office buys candy back from kids after Halloween. They give $1 per lb. and then mail it to our soldiers serving overseas. I thought is was a good way to avoid some cavities, but Eli was only willing to give up one piece. Ha! I told him I wasn't driving to the dentist office to donate just one piece of candy. :) It sure sounded like a great idea to me, but in the end it didn't win the kids over. We'll just keep chugging the pixie sticks down over here.

Speaking of candy, I tried a new no-bake snack bar RECIPE the other day that tasted a whole lot like an almond joy bar. I used almonds and almond butter in the recipe. It uses dates as a natural sugar and I thought they were pretty good. Try it out and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment