Thursday, June 10, 2010

Eli is going to have...


...a baby SISTER! We found out today (or confirmed!) that our next baby is indeed a girl. We are so excited and loved getting to watch her move around on the screen. She is currently sitting complete breech, but she still has plenty of time to flip. She weighed 15 oz. today and was measuring a week ahead. She looked great! I must admit that I have spent the last 14 months drooling over little girl clothes whenever I would go somewhere to buy Eli something. The baby girls section is twice as big as the baby boy section at my favorite department store and now I get to shop on both sides. :) We are just so thankful that this baby looks very healthy. What a blessing! Here is her profile picture from today. She had her feet pulled up to her head with her hands so it was hard to get a great picture!


We are going to work on her name more in the coming weeks. Just like with Eli, we know what her middle name will be but are still thinking through the first name. My middle name and my mom's middle name is June (it was also a family name on my mom's side before that) so that will be her middle name. We have thought about Hailey or Hannah for a first name. I think picking out a name is the most stressful part of a pregnancy! So many factors to think about. :)

But, to balance that stress out is the stress-free fun of decorating a nursery. I LOVE this part! I have started looking a little bit at colors and fabrics (since we thought it was a girl from the last ultrasound). I also know I want to paint something special like I did with Eli's room. I love looking at the canvases that I made when I put him to bed at night. They are nothing too special but make his room so personal for me. I remember being very pregnant and sitting on our living room floor painting each of these three canvases.


Eli had an appointment today with an otolaryngologist to look into his recent ear infections (and constant runny nose!). Marc and I know how important conservative antibiotic use is so it is crazy to us how many antibiotics Eli has needed to be on in the last year. Last weekend Eli became sick AGAIN so I took him to a walk-in clinic to get seen since Marc was on call. The doctor noted on his exam that he had a right ear infection so Marc and I decided it was time for him to see the specialist to get some suggestions. We know this time is very important for his language development and hate it that he probably can't hear well because of all of the fluid build-up behind his ears. The doctor today felt like Eli could be having more problems with his adenoids than anything else and decided to take an x-ray today of his neck and said we will go from there. Hopefully, we will get some answers soon. I want this sweet boy to feel better!


My latest adventure has been working on our budget. Every few months I get really motivated and re-work how we are spending our money to see where we can improve. Marc and I have always desired to be good stewards of what God has given us and try to make a conscious effort to see where our money goes each month. We unfortunately spend Marc's entire salary after taxes on student loans (depressing, I know) so it is even more important that we use my salary wisely. I have a few friends who have recently been talking about The Grocery Game. So, when I realized recently a large portion of our money each month goes to groceries, toiletries, and diapers, I decided to give it a go. I am only one week in and still trying to figure it all out, but I think it is going to be a great resource for us. It takes some time right now to figure out what we need and where to find the coupons but I think with time it will get much faster! For example, a box of Pampers wipes at Walgreen's is normally priced at $3.99 (which is why I never buy wipes there!), but this week they are on sale for $2.50 each and through the grocery game I found a $2 off manufacturer coupon so the wipes became $0.50. Can you believe that! That is nearly 90% savings. How easy is that??? I will update in a month how things are going, but I am hoping my desire to save in this area becomes permanent and not just a phase. :)

Well, it is time to get dinner going. :) Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment