We had a great weekend. It always seems to go by really fast but we had a lot of fun. Friday night we went and took a meal to some friends who recently had a baby, and we stayed and enjoyed the meal with them. We took Eli's pack n play and tried to keep him contained in that while we ate! It was quite entertaining. We really enjoyed the fellowship even if we did spend much of the evening chasing down our one year old. :) I made eggplant parmesan with basic marinara sauce and stuffed zucchini that I found on this blog. I adjusted the first two recipes slightly based on the reviews I read like I usually do but I made the zucchini as is. I thought everything was a winner and will definitely make them again sometime.
Saturday, after Marc was done rounding, we played in the baby pool with Eli for a long time. Marc rigged up a tent over the pool with a sheet so we were able to enjoy the shade (since I filled the pool up with water in the middle of the yard where there is no shade!). Eli loved it. Then, we grilled out some hot dogs and ate on the deck just a cool breeze started coming in. It was so relaxing and fun.
Sunday, after church, we went to the mall to pick up a few things for Marc for our upcoming trip. Marc is hard to get to go shopping. He really has to be in the right mood or you just have to tell him that he is going without giving him an option. Yesterday was the latter. :) Marc still hadn't used some of his Christmas gift cards from this past Christmas AND THE YEAR BEFORE. (sorry Noreen!) I was really beginning to worry that these things might have an expiration date on them so I told him he had to go buy some clothes. Well, he made away with several shirts, a pair of shorts, and a pair of pants that all looked so nice. He was able to get quite a lot because of all the great summer sales. I think he was happy in the end that I made him go. :)
Last night, we had our last small group for the year. We have been reading through J. I. Packer's "Knowing God" and enjoying some great fellowship in the process. This is our second small group to be in with our church and we find it a great way to connect a little deeper with people beyond just the church service. We had a cook-out along with some water activities for the kids.
Eli couldn't quite figure out how to handle this big water gun.
Eli enjoyed watching the big boys slip and slide.
How precious are these curls and blue eyes???
Sunday is also my grocery shopping day. I think I am on my third week with the Grocery Game. Each week is getting a little easier and becoming a little more successful. Marc says this thing is right up my alley because it really requires a Type A personality to get the job done. :) He was skeptical at first, but after seeing my savings last week he actually offered to help clip some coupons yesterday. Ha! So, I think I had about a 40% savings at the grocery store this week. I have heard you can get 60-70% savings once you have been doing it for a while so I still have my game face on. :) I had to take a picture of my first FREE items. Yes, I didn't pay a penny for this toothpaste or toothbrush. Doesn't that just feel wrong and wonderful all at the same time??? I have passed up some other free things in the past few weeks that we didn't have need for (ie. cat food) but I may just try to get all the free things I can and do something great with them at the end of the year for someone else. So I have started a FREE bag and these are my first two items. :)
So, if you are curious and not familiar with this game, here is how the free items worked this week. These items are both normally around $2 each. Dillons had them on sale today for $1 each (10 for $10 and I just bought one) and I had a manufacturer coupon for both of them for $0.75 which Dillons matches up to $1.00. So there you have it! FREE. Kinda fun, right? Well, if I haven't convinced you yet then just keep following along because I plan to update as we go. :) Have a great Monday!








No comments:
Post a Comment