Eli is now home! He was discharged on Sunday morning after three very long nights on the pediatric floor. He had a great day at home with my mom today and will hopefully be heading back to school on Wednesday. He loves school SO much that I know he can't wait to get back to be with all his little buddies.
I currently can't find the cord to our old camera so I will have to add our last day of hospital pictures whenever it shows up. Here is a story for you instead...
Marc decided to stay with Eli on Saturday night so that I could head home to spend some time with Hailey and get a good night of rest. I stayed at the hospital to help Marc get Eli to bed before I headed home. We had the hardest time getting him to sleep that night. He was no longer on his oxygen and starting to feel more like himself. He was jumping up and down on the hospital bed and being SO crazy. Eli had watched video after video after video for 3 days straight since he couldn't get out of bed so I think once he finally started feeling better he had a lot to make up for! He really does not watch much TV at home and never watches any at school so this was a big change for him. Sesame Street Kid's Favorite Country Songs is by far his favorite video that we have and we probably watched it 10-15 times this past weekend in the hospital. We could tell this was getting to be a problem by Saturday when he started having melt downs if we didn't put the Elmo DVD on. Then, at 5 am on Sunday morning Marc said that Eli suddenly woke up out of his sleep and sat straight up in bed. He then pointed to the TV, looked at Marc, and said "Elmo???" Ha! Marc told him they were not going to watch Elmo at 5 am and to put his head back on his pillow. Elmo is now temporarily hidden in our house until Eli gets back in a routine and isn't requesting to watch Elmo every hour. :)
We are so glad to have our sweet boy back home. Our house certainly seemed empty without him. We are thankful for all of our family and friends who have been praying for him over the past few days. Eli literally went from needing 1.5 liters of oxygen to none in less than 30 minutes and we feel that everyone's prayers were a big part of that! THANK YOU!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment