This past weekend Marc graduated from family medicine residency. We were happy to have both of our parents there to celebrate this night with us. Marc has worked so hard over the past three years. I could not be prouder of him. He has one more test to go in July and then everything will be official for him to practice family medicine wherever he wants! He received the highest score on a national examination he took a few months ago so I know he will do great on the one coming up as well. I think he always wondered if he would get to this point and actually feel ready to practice on his own but he does! I think that speaks volumes about what a great program we have here in Wichita. ;)
The residents with the faculty band
My wonderful in-laws traveled the country over the last week attending Marc's younger brother's speech competition in Texas and then to Wichita to see Marc graduate (and then back to Texas to tour UT with Ryan for a college visit !). I know it meant so much to Marc that they were able to make it.
Dr. Mcvay has been a spiritual mentor to Marc over the past year and such a source of encouragement to him. I am so thankful that there are men like this, even with a hectic doctor schedule, who are willing to invest their time in challenging the next generation to be more godly men, husbands, and dads.
The couple on the left in this picture did the international medicine fellowship last year and spent six months in Zimbabwe. They just had their second baby yesterday! Congratulations Lisa and John!
A few more dear friends that we will miss...
This is the family that we will be spending our next year with. We will be sharing an apartment with them for the next six weeks in West Virginia, living in an apartment next door to them for five months when we return to Wichita, and then traveling with them to Niger, West Africa for five months!
On Sunday morning, my parents took us out to breakfast for Father's Day before they had to head back to Arkansas. We had some yummy food that we all shoved inbetween entertaining our two slightly difficult children. :)
I am so thankful for having such wonderful men in my life. The patients I see in clinic continually offer a great testament to me of the powerful effects that happen when dads abandon their role to parent. It breaks my heart. I am thankful for having a dad who has loved and supported me through the years and for Marc who is an amazing dad to our children. Happy Father's Day!








No comments:
Post a Comment