Isaac is now one month old and proving himself to be an easy going baby much like our other two. We are loosely following the Babywise schedule like we did with Eli and Hailey and he has taken to it like a champ. He is consistently taking 2 hr. naps in his crib during the day which frees me up to spend time with the other two kids and maintain the house. He is going 4-5 hrs. at night between feeds. While I know this method does not work for everyone, it has made our kids so happy as infants because they are well rested and the eat-play-sleep cycle seems so natural to them. The effects of establishing good sleep patterns early on have carried into their toddler years as well. Eli and Hailey rarely protest going down for nap or bed when it is time. Hailey actually put herself down for a nap the other day when I was nursing Isaac! She had finished her lunch and asked me if it was nap time. When I told her "yes" she went to the potty and then went and got into her bed. By the time I was free to check on her, she was already asleep. :)
Life with three kids under four has not been much different than having only two. Eli and Hailey are at a very busy stage so Isaac doesn't put much more demand on the pace we already had going. I'm sure things will change once he doesn't sleep all the time. :) The biggest struggle for me is trying to figure in the tasks like cooking, cleaning, and laundry. I used to tackle these things each day while the kids slept, but now all I do is sleep as well when the kids are down. :) I'm not sure where my blood counts are, but I know I am still anemic and certainly not getting a full night of rest. Hopefully, in the coming weeks, the fatigue will subside and I will get a bit of a routine again. For now my "to do" list keeps growing and I am TOTALLY ok with that. I am just enjoying where God has me right now and trying to be faithful to the things he has given me.
I do hope to backtrack a few posts in the next few days and catch up on some pictures and memories that we made in this first month with Isaac, but for now, I will throw in a few random pictures from our life lately.
Eli made a George Washington wig at school during President's Week. We thought this was hilarious!
One month of age for our kids always means baby acne and hair loss :)
Trying to get that head up during tummy time.
Hailey is really doing great with Isaac. She loves holding him and helping me change diapers.
Eli loves doctoring all his stuffed animals.
Still our one and only princess. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment