Thursday, September 12, 2013

Daddy Day Care

I have learned so much over the past 1 1/2 years that I have been a stay-at-home mom. SO much. Maybe I should blog about it sometime...but that would require me to sit and think and would entail the kind of blog that I don't have time for anymore. Ha! Above all the lessons, I have learned that I need occasional time away from my children to be the best mommy I can be. Whether you are a working mom or a stay-at-home mom, parenting is tough work sometimes! I don't have slotted breaks like I used to at work. And "nap time" doesn't always live up to its title. Some days all three sleep at the same time for several hours (Yes!!!) and other days they all fall asleep at different times and wake at different times (No!!!) and I am left needing a nap myself. :)

I used to think "me" time sounded so selfish, but in reality it is absolutely essential for this phase of my life. I love serving my family, but as a mommy at home with a 4, 2, and 7 month old, I need moments away in order to maintain joy in serving each day without reaching burnout. So, I try to grab up at least an hour or two each week to get out of the house without pushing a stroller, carrying a baby in the carrier, or holding the hands of my sweet little boy and girl. Marc is who I surrender the troop to most of the time. It is a good time for Marc to bond with the kids and for the kids to enjoy their fun daddy (and did I mention good for the mommy too?).
Some of the daddy day care action this summer...
And at the end of all the bike riding, swinging, rolling in grass, swimming in the pool, eating popsicles and ice cream, just line 'em up in the tub and hose them down. Daddy style for sure. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment