Here is Eli at my parents' house all ready for Christmas!
Eli REALLY starting moving while we were gone. He has been crawling for the past month but is starting to get really comfortable moving from a sitting position to crawling and then back to sitting. And THEN he started pulling up on things while we were at Marc's parents house. He can now pull himself up alongside the couch! I think he is going to be an early walker. :)
Last night we enjoyed having a low-key New Year's Eve with some close friends at our house with some soup, sandwiches, cider, and a warm fire. I made some homemade hummus and salsa to go with the food and they both turned out really well. I will post the recipes sometime soon. We turned in early last night since Marc was on call all day today and tonight.
So, I am not a big "new year's resolutions" person. Mainly because I feel like the thing I resolve to work on each year is the same thing I think about working on every day. I need to know the wonder of God's sovereignty, the power of my Savior's resurrection, and the overwhelming comfort of the Holy Spirit's guidance on a more consistent basis. I am convicted about it daily; I pray about it some; I act on it even less. I have such a hard time sitting down to read God's word when I find life most days so very busy. I know, however, that is where I always must begin. I need to be a more loving, patient, forgiving, and gracious wife and mother in 2010 as well, but I know that when I am right with God, everything else becomes right as well. So here's to the new year and striving to fulfill my purpose of knowing and glorifying my Heavenly Father more!








No comments:
Post a Comment