We did manage to enjoy our Saturday by just relaxing. It was a pretty gloomy day so it took us a little while longer to shed the PJ attire. The kids love standing on the back of the couch and looking through the window in our apartment. Saturday is a busy day on the train tracks so they watched the trains for a bit before we decided to get dressed and head out to the mall.
I tried to take some picture of Hailey today since she turned 11 months last week. After seeing this first picture I was reassured that she is probably doing just fine on the growth charts. :)
Then, tonight we pulled out the wagon to go take a walk. Right as we were about to get on the elevator to go outside, Marc got a page for a trauma so he had to leave us (we now live right next to the hospital so he takes call from home which is GREAT). The kids were so excited about our walk so I still took them out by myself. Pulling 50 pounds around in an awkward wagon is no easy task but we managed to have a good time and I hit every bump possible which thrilled Eli to no end.
As I glance back up at the pictures in this post I am so thankful for these two kids we have. We told our families when Eli was 9 months old that we were ready to have another one and I think both sets of parents thought we were a little crazy (and naive, ha!). It has certainly been busy over the past year, but if I could go back and do it over again, I absolutely wouldn't change a thing. Hailey's birthday is just around the corner and we can't wait to celebrate all the goodness she brings to our lives!








No comments:
Post a Comment