Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Week in Pictures

I have an odd assortment right now of pictures so I thought I would throw them all into a random post of our week's events so far. Monday night we took the kids to Riverside park to play for a little while after dinner. We took the wagon with us and they loved being pulled around near the fountain by their daddy. He would get them just close enough to touch the water which Eli thought was so fun. :)
Hailey has become Miss Independent. She fusses at me if I try to help her walk. :)
Eli loves singing to this CD while standing on Hailey's toy box. He stomps his feet and claps his hands. He is such a joyful little boy.
Meal times can be a bit stressful for me as I usually get home from work around 5:15 and then quickly try to get dinner ready and on everyone's plates by 6. I actually come home over lunch on most days to do some prep work and get a head start for the meal. Eli and Hailey don't always like what we are having (which I am learning to be ok with) so it makes me so happy on nights when they clean their plates. Tonight, was a good night and the pictures show it.
Mmmm, mashed potatoes.
Eli took a little coaxing, but as soon as I told him he would be big and strong like daddy if he ate his meat he started gobbling it up. :)
 Show me some muscles!
I love these pictures. They remind me of God's goodness to me even though life has felt a little crazy lately. The only explanation I have is that I got a brief, six week taste of being a stay-at-home mom over the summer and ever since I haven't been able to kick it back into full-time working mom gear. Whew! There are MANY with burdens that FAR outweigh mine, but I feel like God is reminding me during this time to still be joyful. To not be so exhausted mentally and physically that I am unable to spend quality time with Him and shine the goodness He has put in my life to those around me. He is also continually teaching me that I have way too much Martha in me and I need to be more like Mary... sitting at His feet (Luke 10:38). My "Martha"ness gives me a headache most days. :) Well, those are my thoughts tonight. Time to rest up for tomorrow!

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lack wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment