We left on Thursday after I got off work and drove through the night. We arrived around 3:30 am and headed to bed. We had decided that Marc's parents could take over for us when the kids woke up so we could sleep in a little longer. Around 8 am, Eli and Hailey were both awake and Marc's parents decided to take them to breakfast. Marc and I had just laid back down when he heard some commotion outside in the driveway. We came outside to find that the kids were locked in the car. Noreen was REALLY upset about it all, but it wasn't hot outside and the kids were calm so we just played peek-a-boo through the windows until the police arrived. It was an eventful way to start the day after only 4 hours of sleep! Ha!
The kids still got to go enjoy their breakfast at McDonald's and Marc and I got a tiny bit more sleep. :)
That afternoon, Marc and his dad created a water park out on the deck. Eli and Hailey had so much fun playing in the water. Marc's parents have a beautiful lake behind their house and we always love spending some time on their deck.
The next day we went to the Children's Museum and had SO much fun. Eli would have stayed all day... umm if he hadn't peed in his pants and if Hailey wasn't having a total melt-down because it was nap time. But I guess that is life for an almost potty trained 2 year old and a very cranky without a nap 10 month old. I managed to sneak in some fun pictures throughout the morning.
Eli was painting the window while Hailey and Papa watched.
She is just as dramatic as she looks.
Eli had lots of fun stuffing things into this big vacuum system.
And of course, the trains were a favorite.
I hope to sort through Evan's birthday party pictures tomorrow to finish off our weekend away. However, right now my pillow is calling my name. :) Good night!








No comments:
Post a Comment