Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Half-way There

It is hard to believe we are just 4 months away from our due date. We had an anatomy scan done at 20.5 weeks last Monday. We had taken a few peeks in the month before at Marc's office and had an idea about the gender of this little one, but we really just needed to hear someone else say it. :)

This is the profile of our baby BOY!
Eli and Hailey both said they wanted a girl, but they seem to be getting along just fine now that we officially told them a brother was on the way. They are both very interested in babies these days and are surprisingly calm and gentle with them as well. I am hoping those are good signs of what is to come.

We started taking belly pictures every few weeks at 10 weeks with Eli, around 17 weeks with Hailey, and well....here is our WEEK 21 picture with #3! So life goes. :)
Eli and Hailey decided they wanted in the action as well.
I can say that this week was very bittersweet for us. While we were celebrating a healthy little boy who will soon be joining our family, we were grieving immensely for our dear friends who lost another little baby, so soon, to go and be with Jesus. I am asking you to pray for this precious family this week. While I am not meant to fully understand God's ways, I trust fully in His faithfulness to His children and that He bestows a crown of beauty for ashes.

Those the Lord has rescued will return. 
They will enter Zion with singing;
    everlasting joy will crown their heads.
Gladness and joy will overtake them,
    and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
Isaiah 51:11



1 comment: