Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Arkansas FUN

Marc really loves college football. He is always very eager each year to make it to an Arkansas football game to enjoy the spirit of the SEC. We have still never managed to make it back to Ole Miss for a game since we have been married but hope to someday! We decided the Arkansas vs. Tulsa would be our game to attend this year and we loaded up the car a week ago to go call those Hogs. I think we have two of the best little travelers ever, and we were able to make the long drive to Arkansas without any major issues.

As soon as we arrived, we gobbled down some dinner and headed out for a Razorback basketball game. My dad has a box which gives the kids some space to roam around and they love the band and all the people. Eli put on quite a show for us! He has got some moves. :)
The weather was amazing all weekend (though it got colder as the week went on). It was perfect football weather. We enjoyed taking the kids outside several times to soak up the last of the warm weather we will get until spring!
While Marc headed back to Peoria after the weekend, I stayed behind with the kids for a few more days. I decided that while I had my mom's help I would get both of the kids a haircut. It is not fun at all taking Eli to get his hair cut, but I thought if he saw Hailey get hers cut then he might do better. Hailey had never had a haircut and they mostly just trimmed off the length in the back. She did super!
 She was slightly hesitant at first, but nothing a sucker couldn't fix. :)
This was our happy Eli moments before she turned the clippers on... it always goes downhill from there. Afterwards my mom told me I had not adequately prepared her for it all. Ha! I think she and Eli were both traumatized a bit.
As the week went on, the temperatures dropped back down and we were able to enjoy roasting some marshmallows outside. The kids had lots of fun, but I was quite nervous at the combination of fire and sharp metal coat hangers around my wild ones. :)
 Bailey was fascinated with the fire. :)
One reason that I decided to stay with the kids in Arkansas for the week was so that my family could watch the kids the following weekend while Marc and I attended a medical missions conference in Louisville, KY. It was the most highly attended year yet for this conference (around 2500 people!) and we left feeling so encouraged about the work that God is doing around the world through people in health care. It was also fun to reconnect with friends from all over. We even ran into two couples from Canada that we served with in Guatemala back in 2007. The event is held at Southeast Christian Church. This is the only church I have ever been in that has escalators! You can read more about this conference and medical missions HERE.
I still have some blogging to catch up on since getting home but that may not happen just yet. I seem to have lots of other "projects" going that are stealing my free time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment