Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween Fun

I love carving pumpkins. Halloween can be a little really creepy in the way some people celebrate. I had previously always bought the kids' costumes in a kid store like The Children's Place or somewhere similar. This year I went in Spirit Halloween in search of costumes. Wow. I will just look online next year! We try to keep it clean and simple in our house and focus on some fun time with family. Pumpkin carving has become a favorite tradition with our kids along with some yummy roasted seeds after all the messy hard work. :)
Nana and Papa D made sure to send some goodies from Arkansas for the kids' to enjoy for Halloween.
This year we went to Trick-or-Treat in Bloomington with Marc's sister's family. ReeRee and Papa brought pizza over and we had a great evening. The kids had a fun time with their cousins. They are all fairly close in age and get along really well. Dan and Angie had just moved into a new house, and I couldn't believe the trick-or-treating in their new neighborhood. Almost every house was participating and passing out the BEST candy. This pregnant mama was super excited to share in our kids' collection when it was all over!
I always seem to forget to get a good picture of our two until they are well distracted and unwilling to take a photo. Here they are watching all the other kids walk up a sidewalk to trick-or-treat and wondering why their mama has them stuck in front of a garage door for a photo. Ha!
 What better way to sort through your kids' candy than to put them in front of a TV. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment