Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I love being a mom. I'm sure I have said that at some point on this blog before, but I really mean it. At least a few days a week I take a moment to ponder what an amazing calling motherhood is (usually when I have been humbled by another time I have goofed in my job). There is no job in life that has brought me more joy and refined my character in such a profound way. My kids show me my sin...daily. All I have to do is look in their eyes and know that my tone was too harsh or my eyes too critical. They have taught me to "pray without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:17) throughout my day in a way I never thought to be possible. I have learned to be patient instead of resort to frustration (most of the time) and have learned to apologize even to a two year old when I have wronged her (something I have never been great at). They have taught me lessons in repentance, forgiveness, and perseverance just to name a few. They are precious in my sight but even more precious in His sight, my loving God who has entrusted them to me for an unknown amount of time. I pray often that it is a very long time. I'm thankful to have a day at least once a year that reminds me of all these things. Happy Mother's Day to anyone I have the privilege of sharing this day with and especially to the wonderful women that Marc and I get to call mom.
Thank you God for giving me these most precious gifts of life and the sweet grace I need in this job to hopefully be a mom that these children will one day "rise up and call blessed." (Prov. 31:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment