Saturday, May 18, 2013

Myrtle Beach- Part 1

A few weeks ago we packed up for vacation. My cousin was getting married in South Carolina so my mom thought it would be a good time for our family to get together for a week. So, we stayed a week after the wedding to enjoy some fun on the beach.

We were able to get super cheap tickets through Spirit Airlines flying from Chicago direct to Myrtle Beach. We drove up to Chicago the night before our flight and went out for pizza at Giordano's. I wasn't sure how the kids would like Chicago style pizza, but they gobbled it up. We stayed at a hotel right by the airport with an indoor kiddie pool which the kids loved. Marc's parents had just flown back from Arizona and they stopped by the hotel to watch the kids swim.
I realized I really enjoy packing for our family! I have learned that we always take too many clothes, so I try to take less than I think we need. My packing skills greatly improved after packing for Africa, but somehow I still managed to fill two large suitcases, a duffle, a carry-on, and a few backpacks.  :)

The kids loved these new backpacks I found at Target. They were a HUGE help to us because Eli and Hailey were able to manage them the entire time we were in the airport. I put all their goodies for the plane ride in them plus their DVD players. They hold a lot of stuff!
We started our vacation week off with a beautiful wedding in Georgetown, SC. We had a great time and enjoyed all the yummy food and live music. Our kids did really well considering they had traveled the entire morning. Eli and Hailey were so excited to wear their wedding clothes and loved dancing on the dance floor.
The morning after the wedding we drove over to Myrtle Beach and got settled into our condo. We ventured out to the water right away. It was fun seeing all the kids take it in. Eli and Hailey didn't seem to remember the beach very well (their last trip was to Florida two years ago) and it was Bailey's first time to feel some sand between her toes. 
 Here are some other favorite beach pictures from the week
The weather was a bit cooler than normal for this time of year, but it didn't stop Marc and Brandon from getting in the ocean....and of course Eli and Hailey wanted in once they saw daddy do it.
The kids were pretty cold once they got out
Bailey even got her little feet in for a bit
We had so much fun! Stay tuned for pics of the rest of our week.

No comments:

Post a Comment