Marc and I only had one day to do some sight-seeing in the city. How do you decide what to do with one day in a new city?!? I had been to San Diego once in college and knew Marc would enjoy hiking Torrey Pines State Reserve. There are miles of great trails along the bluffs overlooking the beach and the vast Pacific Ocean; not to mention all the beautiful rock formations, plant life, and little critters as well. We had a great morning, and I was pleased that after eight years of marriage I can say I know my husband's "likes" well. :)
After that, we went and walked around La Jolla and grabbed some lunch on a rooftop restaurant that offered some more spectacular views.
We ended the day at the hotel pool! Isaac was more than a little excited to get his swim trunks on.
The next day while Marc was in his training class, I met up with a two dear friends. My roommate from nursing graduate school lives with her family in San Diego and we met up for breakfast. It is crazy to think that when we first met, we weren't married and didn't have any kids! Now, life is so different, but in a fun and exciting way. :)
I then spent the rest of the day with a friend who lived in Arkansas with her family for a few years when I was in high school. I babysat for this family and became really close to them. It was so special to get to catch-up on life with this mom.
The view from Coronado Island of downtown where our hotel and Marc's conference were situated
It is great exercise toting this big boy around!
We then headed back across the Coronado bridge over to Seaport village. There were some huge yachts!
We also know two awesome couples who are planting churches in the San Diego area and were able to meet up with both of those families for dinners during our stay. We heard about the work they are doing, each with a different church plant and in different parts of the city. It is encouraging to see the ways God is moving in so many places for more people to come to know His great love for them!
We really enjoyed this short trip and I can certainly see why these families enjoy their city so much. :) To have only been in San Diego for 57 hrs., I think we accomplished a lot. Big thanks to my mom for taking good care of Eli and Hailey while we were away!









No comments:
Post a Comment