Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Out of Commission

Well, we are still here and life is still busy as usual but our computer is dead as can be. I took it in last weekend to get it looked at and they called yesterday to say that the hard drive is toast. They are going to be able to recover any pictures or video that we have not backed up, but the computer is done for. It was Marc's computer before we got married so I think he has had it for 6 years or so. Not sure how long lap tops are supposed to last but I guess six years is pretty good. I don't think we are going to invest money into fixing it because it is so old. So, now we are computer shopping. We are thinking CHEAP and don't need anything fancy. I found a small lap top on Target's website yesterday that is on sale so we may go look at that one. In the mean time I have been out of touch with the electronic world. Marc has a computer through his residency but he needs it most nights to chart on patients so I have been checking my email at work these days. It is strange at night to not have a computer on my lap after Eli goes to bed. Good thing I have a few books that I am only half-way through that I need to finish. :)

Eli has his 15 months appointment this morning. Marc is taking him since he has the day off (well, he is post-call and probably plans on going home to sleep!) so I will update when I get the full report. Eli has had several rounds of ear infections over the past few months which make him not eat well so I am curious to see what his weight is today. I don't think he has gained much since his 12 month visit. He has been crying several times at night for the past few days. He is getting lots of teeth in all at once which I think it what is bothering him. He has several of his front side teeth coming in and two of his top molars. Hopefully, it isn't his ears bothering him as well. He follows up with the ENT next week so we will see what they say. Marc was on call last night so I had Eli all by myself and was up with him at midnight, 4am, and 5am. He was up for good at 7am. Whew! Maybe he is getting me ready for those night feedings that will be starting up with this next one in October! :)

Well, I have some pictures to post at some point but don't have anyway to load them until we get the computer thing figured out. Hopefully, by this weekend we will have a new one and I can update on some blog posts. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment