Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Random Post

I feel a little scattered since I haven't been able to blog much in the past few weeks so I thought I would just put a post together with all the recent pictures I wanted to share so I can start fresh this weekend with new posts.

Eli had his 15 month check-up last week and did really well. He weighed in at 23 lb. 10 oz. which is right at 40th% and measured 31 inches long which is right at 50th%. He was 60th% overall. He was supposed to get 3 shots but one of his shots (ActHib) accidentally got swapped out for a combination vaccine (Pentacel) so he ended up with two extra shots that he didn't need (medical errors even happen to people who are medical!). The really bad part was one of the extra shots in the combination vaccine was a DTaP and they gave him that shot in the same leg he got the DTaP he was supposed to receive. So, he received two of the same vaccine in the same leg. His poor little leg was so sore and a little swollen. He fortunately didn't have any other problems and was back to normal within a few days.

We are now dealing with his molars coming in on the bottom (he had two come in on the top a few weeks ago) and hoping he starts sleeping through the night again REAL soon. I am thankful that his sleep problems are going on right now and not when I have another baby up as well at night needing to feed. Eli has always been an excellent sleeper so it throws all of us off when he has periods like this. I think some of it might be separation anxiety (since he gets really upset when we leave any room in the house without him) so it is hard to find the balance when pain is an issue as well. One thing he responds really well to during the night is if we walk in his room and say, "Eli, put your head down." If he is standing at his crib railing crying he drops to the mattress in no time at all and you don't hear another peep out of him. It is SO amazing. This must be a phrase they use often at daycare during nap time because we hardly ever used this phrase before we found out his reaction to it. Now we use it all the time! I was even telling Marc a story about Eli tonight at dinner and used that phrase and Eli tried to put his head down on his high chair while eating his dinner. It was really funny! Hopefully, they are not beating our child into submission at daycare. Ha!

We decided when Eli turned 15 months last week that it was time for another haircut. I DO NOT know anything about cutting hair. I watch my hair stylist and how she cuts and have tried to do something similar when I cut Eli's hair but it doesn't always work out as I picture it to. He hates getting his hair cut and thrashes about while Marc tries to hold him down. I think his next haircut will probably need to be right before my sister's wedding so I think I will take him somewhere to get it done right. Maybe he will do better for someone else. :) Here are his before and after pictures from last week.





Hailey's bedding has all come in! I really love it. I was a little scared to do a lot of pink by itself and I love how this bedding has lots of yellow and lime green to balance out the pink. Here are some of the fabric swatches. The parts that look a little purple are actually pink. I am going to get the crib ordered tomorrow and then we will start clearing the room out and decorating in the next few weeks. My sister was so sweet to buy this bedding for Hailey just like she bought Eli his baby bedding. :)


My last random picture is well... really random. I found this on our tree last week. Do you know what this is?



Can you see it? It is the shell of a Cicada (I think some people say they are locusts but they aren't technically related). I used to see these all the time in southern Arkansas at my Memaw and Poppy's farm and in college at Ole Miss but I hadn't seen these yet in Kansas. I don't think Marc had ever seen one when I pointed it out to him. It may seem funny that I took a picture of this bug shell, but it brings back so many memories of my summertime in southern Arkansas as a kid when my cousin and I would have competitions about how many shells we could collect. Odd, I know. :) Just thought I would share this treasure in case you have never seen one.

Eli and I are planning on joining Marc this weekend while he moonlights in a small town a few hours away. They have an apartment for us to stay in for the weekend so it should be fun. Marc usually isn't very busy at this hospital so I think we will have plenty of time to spend with him. I am really looking forward to it. Besides, I certainly wouldn't want to celebrate our 5 year anniversary without Marc!

No comments:

Post a Comment