I LOVE my Jackson, MS Junior League "Come on In" cookbook that I bought during college. I have made many recipes from it and have never been disappointed. I pulled it out this week for one of my favorite chicken recipes. The very first time I made this chicken I made it with the skin on as the recipe suggested, but I realized I prefer my chicken without the skin so that is how I make it now. :)
Crunchy Pecan Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts (skin on or off, your choice)
1 cup buttermilk biscuit mix (I use the Bisquick brand and like it better than the generic)
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. Creole seasoning
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup of butter, melted
Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In another bowl pour your buttermilk. Dip each chicken breast in the buttermilk and then in the dry mixture to coat. Place in a greased baking dish. Cover chicken with melted butter and bake at 350 degrees for an hour.
I tried out a new mashed potato recipe to go with the chicken. Well, I actually combined two recipes but they were delicious tators! The sour cream and chicken broth made these SO creamy! We loved them and I will definitely make them again.
Red Garlic Mashed Potatoes
8 medium red potatoes, quartered with skin on
4-5 cloves of garlic, whole
4 Tbs. butter
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (I grated mine fresh because I had a block in the fridge)
1/4 cup of chicken broth
In a large pot boil the potatoes and garlic for 20 min. or until tender. Drain potatoes and garlic then return to pot. Add in the butter first so it will melt and then follow with remaining ingredients. Mix everything together with an electric mixer.
I topped off the meal with some fresh steamed broccoli and dinner rolls with honey butter. Is your tummy growling yet??? Hope you enjoy. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment