Thursday, August 12, 2010

Is it the heat???

Maybe it is because it has been 100+ degrees every day this week... maybe it is because I have a very busy 16 month old who likes to wrestle me on the ground... maybe it is because I am almost 30 weeks pregnant... or maybe it is because I have done so many school and sports physicals this week that I could fill the form out with my eyes closed. Regardless, I AM TIRED. It has been a long week. The good news is that Eli has slept through the night every night since last Sunday. Yay! However, I must still be in recovery mode from the week before. :)

Although it has been really hot here, that hasn't stopped Eli and Marc from taking some bike rides. Eli loves riding on back of the bike. It is certainly a special thing for Eli and his daddy to do because I have no plans on getting on a bike with my big belly!


We have to really work to get a good picture these days. Eli does not like posing for the camera!


Off they go!


I haven't put up an update on this pregnancy in awhile so I will try to remember to have Marc take a picture of my belly this weekend. I will be 30 weeks in a few days and it seems so much closer to 40 weeks than 29 weeks did. I am starting to have Braxton Hicks contractions just like I did with Eli. They are usually toward the end of the day. I am hoping that is a good sign for a short labor when the time comes (if we can get the baby to turn before then). I am trying to prepare myself mentally for a c-section as well if it comes to that. Surgery scares me so it will probably take me the next 10 weeks to become more comfortable with it! I know that whatever happens, it is all part of God's plan. It brings me peace knowing that He is in control of this precious baby and how she will make her entrance into this world. :)

We are heading to Arkansas this weekend for my 10 year class reunion. I had a really big class (over 600) so I am not sure who all is coming that I know but it will be fun to see people and their families. We are having a family picnic on Saturday for lunch (hopefully it isn't 100 degrees!) and a party for the adults that evening. I need to start packing up tonight since we are leaving at noon tomorrow. Stay cool this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment