Tuesday, August 17, 2010

RHS 10 Year Reunion

We packed up the car last Friday to head to Arkansas for my 10 year class reunion. Eli did so well traveling all weekend. He slept for 3 hours on the way there and 2 hours on the way home (we timed it with his nap both ways!), and he didn't cry at all about being in his car seat. We still have him facing backwards based on the latest studies they have done in car seat safety. You can read the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) article summary here if you are interested. I don't know if they have officially changed the previous recommendation of turning the car seat around at one year, but it is probably coming soon because of how much safer rear facing is proving to be (5 times safer!).

When we got into town on Friday we caught my parents just before they had to leave for a benefit dinner for Arkansas Children's Hospital. My parents just celebrated their 32nd anniversary.


We went to eat dinner with my sister and her fiance at Fish City in the Promenade. We let Eli play by the fountain some after dinner and then headed to Cold Stone for some ice cream dessert. It was a great night.




Eli loves visiting my parent's house. They have a pool and a dog which are two things he goes crazy for that we don't have! I think I heard "woof, woof" about a million times this weekend and he really enjoyed his time in the pool.



I can't believe all that has happened in the past 10 years since my high school graduation. I have graduated from college at Ole Miss and graduate school at Vanderbilt, been married, had a baby, and am expecting the next one in two months. I have lived in Mississippi, Tennessee, Illinois, and Kansas all in the past 10 years! I have LOVED every bit of it and feel truly blessed with the experiences I have had and the people I have met along the way. It was great to touch base with some friends from high school this weekend to see what they have been up to over the past 10 years.

We started our reunion day off with a family picnic on Saturday afternoon at Lake Atlanta. The BBQ was delicious! It was hot and humid but we still enjoyed seeing everyone's kids and enjoying some good conversations.

Joanna and I were little more than acquaintances in high school but she became my roommate and best friend in college and is still a dear, dear friend to this day. She means so much to me and I love any chance I get to catch up with her. Her baby girl is beautiful with blond hair and blue eyes! I think Eli was smitten. Ha!


Eli got jealous when Marc started holding Sallie-Jewel so he decided to hold them both. Both kids are thumb suckers! It was really funny. :)


The party Saturday evening was casual attire and we were supposed to wear something with our school colors that we might wear to a football game. It think half of the people didn't get the memo but Marc and I were sporting the royal blue for sure. :) Thankfully, I already had a royal blue maternity top so it worked out great! With 10 weeks to go I do NOT plan on buying any more maternity stuff. Ha!




It was a great weekend. Who knows where all my classmates will be in another 10 years??? I have no idea where we will be either but I look forward to seeing God's plan unfold for us. For now, I need to start getting a baby room ready for our next big event that is only 10 weeks away! Time to get serious this week cleaning out our study. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment