Monday, September 20, 2010

Wedding Showers

This past weekend we loaded up and headed to Arkansas to attend a few wedding showers for my sister's upcoming wedding in December. We made it to Rogers just in time on Friday night for the first shower which was a fish fry party. I love catfish and hush puppies! Stacey and Brandon opened so many great gifts and it was fun to see my sister so excited and full of smiles. I remember feeling a little overwhelmed at our big showers with all the presents there were to open. However, I am so thankful to this day for all the nice things we received because after five years they are still filling our home and are just as useful as the day we got them!

On Saturday, we had a ladies shower that we went to while the boys stayed home to watch the Hogs play (and Eli took a long nap!). It was a really nice shower as well and the food was delicious. I wrote down gifts for Stacey at this shower, and I am pretty sure she was opening presents for well over an hour. :) Brandon and Stacey's house is going to be filled with such nice things!

The table looked beautiful! My mom's sweet friends always throw the best showers.



The beautiful bride-to-be


Soon we will have another girl to add to this picture (well she is kind of already in it!). :)


These are all the ladies in my family that were at the shower. It was lots of fun to see everyone.


My family "showered" us with gifts for Hailey this weekend as well. I received some precious sleepers and dresses from my aunts and grandmother that I can't wait to see her wear, and I think Stacey bought Hailey an entire wardrobe for the first 6 months of her life (and Eli got lots of cute things as well!). :) When I add those things to the things my mom has already gotten, I think we are all set for a little while. It is SO great to have family that love and support us. We appreciate everyone so much. Thank you all!

I am 35 weeks tomorrow. You know you are getting close once your OB appointments start coming every week! This pregnancy has FLOWN by. I really can't believe how close we are. Eli was born at 39 weeks which is when we are anticipating delivering Hailey as well. It sounds as though Hailey's delivery will be scheduled since she is still breech which will be nice so we can make arrangements for Eli that day. There is something really fun about waiting on labor as well though and I am glad I was able to experience that with Eli.

Would you pray for us in the coming weeks as we decide what to do with Hailey's delivery? There is still a chance that she will turn on her own which would be the best situation possible. However, I also know that she may not turn so we are trying to be prepared if that is the case, and we will have to decide if we want my doctor to try the external version to turn her. The wonderful thing is we have LOTS of very smart people around us who care about us and are able to give us their advice about what would be best for both me and Hailey. Even better is that I know in ALL things God works for the good of those who love him and who have been called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28) and that brings me great comfort. :)

I hope you had a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment