Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baby Shower!

On Saturday I went to a baby shower for a friend. I had a great time getting out of the house for a bit without the kids. Marc also enjoyed getting to catch-up on some daddy time with Eli and Hailey. Eli really missed Marc this past week so I am glad he is home now for a little while.

I think one of the best parts about our time here in residency has been how many babies our class has had over the past few years. LeeAnn was in Marc's class, and she and Will are expecting their first little girl in October. I loved LeeAnn from the minute I met her at call back a few years ago. She is so sweet and is from Alabama and loves SEC football. :)
ChiChi, another one of Marc's classmates, had her baby a few days before graduation but I hadn't gotten to meet Machi yet. She was SO good during the shower.
How cute is this diaper buggie that one of the hostesses made?
We had some great food and conversations, and I even walked away with a prize for being able to name all ten candy bars that were each melted inside of a diaper. Ha! We collectively decoupaged some letters for Lily's room during the shower which was really fun and a great keepsake for LeeAnn to have from the shower.
Gracie came by for a little while after she woke up from her nap. She is such a sweetie.
 Well, I think we are going to bed early tonight. Marc and I have been staying up WAY too late the past few nights talking and catching up. I keep thinking of funny stories to tell him about the kids from last week and before we know it is midnight. :) I hope everyone has a great week tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment