Friday, October 14, 2011

Eli's First Field Trip and Hailey's Big Day

I know that is a long title but if I don't put all this in a post right now then it likely won't happen for a little while since we are having Hailey's party tomorrow. :)

On Thursday, Eli's class took a trip to the Botanica Gardens here in Wichita. Eli had no idea what a "field trip" was, but on the way there he just kept telling us over and over how excited he was. I think he loved having both Marc and me to himself for a few hours (although when we first left he commented that we had forgotten Hailey. Ha!). Eli is such a sweet boy, and we are SO thankful for the wonderful childcare we have had access to over the past two years. I could probably write an entire post on the benefits we have seen with having Eli around other children his age daily over the past two years, but I just don't have the time. :)

Anyone in our family could tell you who Eli's best friend is. James is talked about quite frequently around our house and it breaks our heart that their friendship is coming to an end in two months. They have been together from Eli's very first day at the CDC when he was 10 weeks old until now. They are both full of energy and we had so much fun watching them on the field trip.
 All the kids were trying to get a peek at a butterfly.
 Eli and Cody playing some tunes.
Ms. Francie and Ms. Angela wanted to get a group picture of the kids....this was quite a task and I still didn't get a picture with all the kids and only Ms. Angela made it in this picture. That is the very hungry caterpillar behind them which was so cute.
What a fun day!

Our other big event is that at 11:50 this morning Hailey turned one. How is that even possible??? Wasn't she just inside my tummy??? She is such a delight and brings so much joy into our home. We are thankful for the privilege we have been given to raise her. We are looking forward to celebrating this little one this weekend with our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment