The winds around here blow the snow a lot causing it to drift and make it hard to tell the exact amount of snowfall. I think our yard has around 3-4 inches and some parts of our city have 5 inches according to the news. We may get another inch or so as the day goes on. The sad part about all this is that my family had planned to come and visit this weekend. Arkansas and Oklahoma had some freezing rain and sleet before the snow started fallling making the roads even more difficult for travel. I had to break the news to Eli this morning that his grandparents, aunt, and uncle-to-be would not be coming to visit (and therefore not bringing the rest of his Christmas presents that we couldn't fit in our car last time). This was his reaction...
Just kidding mom and dad, it was just time for his morning nap. :) We are going to miss you guys though! Stay warm!
So in anticipation of the snow, last night I had Marc drop me off at Target after dinner to get a few things. My experiences with snow growing up were being trapped inside for days and you only left your house if you HAD to. Marc's experiences with snow in Illinois were that life goes on as usual and when you need milk or eggs from the store you just drive out to get them. I don't think they really "stock up" in Illinois for a few inches of snow. :) As I was shopping in Target the panic quickly set in and all the "what ifs" starting running through my head and my small list became a 30 minute shopping trip. When I finally got back out to the car I asked Marc if he thought we should get any bottled water (in case we lost our water supply of course!). His look clearly gave me the answer so we headed for home. :)
When I was at Target I ran across Smucker's blueberry syrup (yummy!) and decided that this morning I would make some blueberry waffles. I got this recipe from my roommate Rebecca in college and have enjoyed making it ever since.
Blueberry Waffles1 cup Bisquick
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Mix all these ingredients together. Spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray and then pour it in. We have a 4 square Belgian waffle maker and this makes 4 waffles for us. I don't like maple syrup so I always use Smucker's blueberry syrup but you can use whatever you like! Enjoy!








Awwww! E is so cute, my son used to love to push that little thing around. You have a very cute blog and I just found out! It seemed like everyone is having a snowy weekend. We are here in Colorado with the windows open and it is sunny. I just do not get it! STAY WARM!
ReplyDeleteI see that we follow some of the same blogs. I thought you might be interested in checking out my blog. I am a mommy blogger with a 2O month old son. Please come follow back if you would like. I am doing some great giveaways right now and I am celebrating 7 years blogging total so am doing a TON of giveaways this week http://blondeinablog.blogspot.com
Keep the pictures coming, we love Eli getting into the cabinets!
ReplyDeleteThe Carrigan men are the only ones who plow through the snow! Always heed warnings; we love you and we have the most adorable grandchild in the world!
Love, Mama Reenie and Papa Dan