Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time to Paint

One of the first things we decided we were going to do when we bought our house two years ago was paint the outside. The color choices were not our favorite, and we couldn't wait to change them. Well, here we are two years later and still with teal gutters and trim. Yes, teal. We decided to do some home improvement projects with our tax return this year and are finally getting serious about getting the house painted. We should get the rest of our estimates this week from a few painters and then will pick one to go with. I have been looking through paint color samples this past week trying to decide. I think I am going to have to buy several sample cans and paint small areas first before I decide. This is a big committment so I want to make sure we like the color! It is not unusual for me to fall in love with a color on paper and then hate it when it is finally up on the wall (just ask my dad and Marc about this one!). We are probably going to go with something in the beige or tan family with cream for the trim. Anything other than teal should do wonders for our curb appeal (sorry if any of you have teal houses, it just isn't my favorite color). :)

I showed Eli some colors I liked.


He wanted to take a look for himself.


What about this color mom?


I reminded Eli that we no longer wanted to be the most noticeable house on the street and that pink probably wouldn't help us out with that.

Then we had to take a break because all the decision making was stressing Eli out.


I reassured him there are many more difficult decisions in life than picking paint color.


It will all be ok. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment