Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

Marc was moonlighting in an ER 4 hours away all weekend and the housing didn't work out for me and Eli to join him so we hung out, just the two of us. We had fairly nice weather which allowed us to get out to one of our favorite spots. There is a park really close to our house that has lots of geese and ducks to feed. The last time we went was last fall and I knew Eli didn't remember it, so I was excited to take him back to see what he would think. Marc reminded me before we left of how aggressive the geese were last time. I think he was afraid they were going to attack Eli. Once I got there, I became a little nervous myself. You could tell they were hungry! I couldn't believe how quickly they surrounded us, and I certainly did not bring enough bread. Good thing they didn't want us for lunch. :)



Just as I ran out of bread a man pulled up and got out of his car with a big bucket of corn kernels for the birds. They went crazy!


Eli loved it!!!


We left the geese and ducks and walked around the park to a nice playground that I knew Eli would enjoy. They finished this playground last spring and it is SO nice. It has that really fun rubber ground which makes it so colorful.


There were so many kids! Eli really loved watching them all run around.


He was a perfect fit in the baby swings! This was his first time and I can't wait to take him back with Marc sometime soon.



1 comment:

  1. Hey Eli:

    Mama and Papa have lots of geese right in our back yard. We have lots of bread and popcorn.
    Would you like to come over and play? You can throw rocks in the lake. It would be a really fun day.

    You are getting so big. Lots of changes since Christmas.

    Love,

    Mama Reenie and Papa

    ReplyDelete