We enjoyed our Easter weekend with lots of family time and time outdoors! Eli is cutting three teeth all at once so he has been much fussier than normal but we were still able to do a lot with him (as long as we brought the Tylenol and Motrin with us!). Friday we had planned on going to the Good Friday service but Marc was post call and still pretty tired so we just went out to eat at Chili's. We went to the zoo on Saturday which was so fun! Eli loved every minute of it. Marc and I really enjoy zoos so we were glad Eli had a good time with us. He kept saying "oooh" every time we showed him a new animal. His favorite animal was the giraffe.
They came inside to eat their food and we were able to be really close.
Then, we followed them back outside. They are beautiful!
Sometimes Eli was more interested in all the other kids than the animals. :)
I love this shirt my mom and I found Eli at Baby Gap.
Marc was unfortunately on call on Easter Sunday. This was his one holiday call for the year. Next year he won't have any holiday call! So, Eli and I headed to church by ourselves. I took some pictures of him in his Easter clothes before we left. He loved playing with his plastic eggs. :)
Marc wanted us to come by the hospital after church to eat lunch with him. I thought the hospital might have some sort of Easter lunch, you know like ham or turkey or something. Unfortunately they didn't, so Marc picked McDonald's for lunch. Ha! What a delicious Easter lunch. Eli and Marc enjoyed their chicken nuggets and I at least enjoyed time with my favorite boys (while I was secretly dreaming about my Memaw's Easter lunch). :) While this year wasn't a very traditional Easter for us, the reason we celebrate is still the same. Christ is risen! I hope everyone had a blessed weekend.
Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way? Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6








LOVE the new look! Looks awesome :)
ReplyDelete