Chicken Croissants (or chicken puffs, chicken crescent puffs or whatever else you have seen these called)
4 cups chopped chicken (I use my food processor for smaller pieces)
8 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbs. butter
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. milk
2 Tbs. choppped green onions
2 cans crescent roll dough
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
(I usually half this recipe since it makes 8 and this time I used the onion and chive flavored cream cheese and left out the green onions and it turned out great as well)
Mix all ingredients together in a skillet until warm. Separate the dough into squares (2 triangles) and put several tablespoons of the mixutre into the center of each. Bring the corners to the middle and seal the seams. Bake at 350 for 25 min. or until golden brown. Heat soup and milk and drizzle over the top of each chicken pastry before serving.
Dill Carrots
1 bag of fresh baby carrots
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs. butter
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. chopped dill weed
Put all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 30 min. or until tender.
Cashew Green Beans
1 lb. bag of frozen whole green beans
1/2 cup of salted cashews chopped
3 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. honey
Cook the beans according to the package (I always try to slightly undercook these and then run them under cool water to stop the cooking process to keep them from getting mushy. You can warm them back up in the skillet before serving) Brown the cashews in butter and then add the honey in at the end. Mix together and pour over the beans.
How good does this look??? I love how it looks plated with all the colors. :)
And while we are on the subject of food, here is some video of Eli enjoying his spaghetti dinner last week.








Yum! That chicken recipe sounds so good! I think we'll have to try that this weekend.
ReplyDeleteEli:
ReplyDeleteI have missed seeing you! My computer has been sick. Papa took me out yesterday and we bought a new one. I can't believe you are eating spaghetti all by yourself - it looks yummy.
We will see you Friday night - try to stay awake; we'll get there as fast as we can. Can't wait for your party.
Love you, miss you,
Mama Reenie and Papa