Eli had been playing with these two blow-up monkeys I ordered for a few weeks and we had been practicing monkey sounds. I think he was really sad when I hung them up so high where he couldn't reach them anymore!
I put together all of Eli's monthly pictures on our bulletin board for everyone to see and it looked really cute. These pictures got really hard in the last couple of months because Eli just wanted to play with the sign! We will have to come up with a different idea for the next one. :)
We were so glad that the weather worked for us to have a cookout as planned, and the guys enjoyed some yards games like ladder ball and washers before dinner. We had lots of yummy food and some delicious cake from Rick's Bakery in Arkansas. I have felt a little nauseated today, and I think part of the issue is all the food I stuffed myself with this weekend (I am typing this as I just finished some leftover banana pudding. Ha!)! Here are some more pictures of our fun. (Eli had a big bruise on his head for all of these pictures. That is probably what his pictures for the next year are going to look like!)
Eli playing with his two granddads.
Eli's cakes
Give me some of that cake mom!
First taste...
Oh, my this is good!
Us with my family
Us with the grandparents
Jamie, Marc, and Eli
The Monkey Munch party favors
At dinner tonight Marc was talking about our weekend and what wonderful families we both have been blessed with. We are so thankful that you all were able to come and be a part of such a special occasion even though you live many miles away. :) There were many memories that we will cherish forever!








Steph, You did an awesome job with Eli's 1st birthday!! You are a born mom!! So proud to call you my sister!! :)
ReplyDelete