First, make a basic brownie mix according to the directions for cake-like brownies.
Then, after you take them out of the oven you punch in the centers with a small tart shaper. If any of you have ever done any pampered chef you know that all their recipes call for multiple objects that can be purchased through them. It is a great business strategy! I am sure you can work your way around most of it but I do happen to have their tart shaper and it works perfect on these. :)
While those are cooling, I slice the strawberries. Here is another tool they have... the egg slicer.
After that I mix together the filling and pipe it into the center of the brownies once they are cool. I garnish with one slice of strawberries and drizzle a little chocolate. Aren't they pretty! These would be great for a wedding or baby shower.
Tuxedo Brownie Cups
1 box brownie mix (plus ingredients to make "cake-like" brownies)
2 squares (1 oz. each) of white baking chocolate
2 Tbs. milk
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip
1 pint of strawberries sliced vertically (can use egg slicer)
melted semi-sweet baking chocolate
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray with flour. Prepare brownie mix according to directions for cake-like brownies. Fill cups 2/3 full. Bake for 14 min. or until edges are set. Do not over bake. Remove pan to cooling rack. Immediately press in center of brownies with mini tart shaper. Cool in pan for 15 min. Loosen edges and gently remove. Cool completely Repeat with remaining batter.
Microwave white chocolate and milk in dish for 1 min. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Gradually mix in white chocolate until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Fill topping in icing/decorator bag. Pipe mixture into cooled brownie cups. Arrange a strawberry slice on top of each brownie. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
These are the flowers I put together last night for her birthday. I spent $16 buying the individual groups of flowers at our local grocery and then put them all together in a bouquet with a vase I already had. I thought they turned out really pretty. Who knows, maybe I will open up a bakery and flower shop some day. :)
I can't believe tomorrow is Thursday. This week is flying by! My mom and sister are coming this weekend to help me get the nursery more together. I was hoping our furniture would be here by now but it is supposed to leave the factory on Thursday and arrive sometime early next week. I am anxious to finally see her room come together and to get all her clothes organized and put away in her dresser. :) With less than a month to go we are getting so close!








that looks like a good chocolate thing you could bring to the chocolate party!
ReplyDelete