Saturday, October 30, 2010

Friday Activities

Yesterday we took Eli by his school so he could participate in the Halloween parade outside of the hospital. Since he doesn't normally attend on Fridays we just stopped by to get some pictures with some of the other kids and then my mom took him back to our house. Here is our cowboy!


After the parade at the hospital, Marc and I went to my two week check-up and we took Hailey along. She is still a little jaundiced so I have been joking that she looks like a pumpkin for Halloween. :) Hopefully her "tan" will fade soon, but her doctor wasn't concerned since she has gained a whole pound since she was born! She now weighs 7 lbs. 14 oz. and is 19.5 inches long.


My check-up went well and it was great news to hear my doctor say it was ok to gradually ease back into taking care of Eli and lifting him. So, my mom headed back home yesterday and I tackled my first afternoon with both kids by myself. I think it went pretty well overall considering we all took a 2 1/2 hour nap. :) After Eli woke up from his nap we enjoyed some vanilla oreos and milk for a snack. He had never eaten these cookies before, but it didn't take him long to realize the good stuff was in the middle! 

We spent the rest of the afternoon outside. I kept Hailey on my front side in her carrier and enjoyed kicking some balls around with Eli. I continue to be amazed at his motor skills for only being 18 months old! He is just so coordinated and can kick and throw balls really well.

Once Marc got home from work our church brought us dinner. It is wonderful to not have to worry about getting dinner ready at this point. I think it will be a little while before I have learned to manage two kids AND cook dinner. 

After dinner, we gave Eli his bath. Marc made his water orange for Halloween with the Crayola Color Bath Drops. We just tried these this week for the first time and he goes crazy as they turn the water a color! 
I had to share this last picture with you because it makes me smile. Eli has had nothing but love for his baby sister (so far!). He loves sharing his toys with her and gently patting her. Today, he took a burp cloth and pretended to wipe her mouth the way I do when she spits up. It was priceless! He loves these monkeys his Mama Reenie got him and he always puts them by Hailey when she sleeps. He is such a good big brother. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning My Dear Sweet Babies:

    Hapy Halloween! A cowboy and a pumpkin. I just want to scoop you up in my arms and love on you.

    We can't wait to have all of you in Illinois. It will be really fun watching Eli, Evan and Maddie play together.

    It is so precious so see Eli sharing his monkeys with his little sister. I knew he would love her.

    So glad you are doing well Steph. Enjoy your little ones.

    ReplyDelete