Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

We started off the weekend on Friday with Eli and Hailey having check-ups at the doctor. Since they were both due for a visit (6 months and 2 years) I decided it would be easier on me to take them both at the same time. Marc had taken Hailey earlier in the week for her shots so it was really a pretty easy trip. Eli weighed 29 lbs. and Hailey weighed 15 lbs. 10 oz. She was around 40th percentile on all of her charts. Eli did so well with the doctor. I think his Sesame Street doctor kit really helped because he recognized all the tools they were using to check him over. Hailey screamed the whole time but the poor girl was over due for a nap so who could blame her. :)

I took these pictures before we ran out the door for their appointments. It amazes me that this girl lets me put bows like that on her head! ;)
Friday afternoon our family started pouring in from Illinois, Arkansas, and Texas for Eli's birthday party. We miss having family close by but it is so much more special when we do get to see them! Eli had so much fun with everyone and was really loving all of the attention. Hailey got lots of love as well. We ordered pizza for dinner and just relaxed outside. It was great fun. :)
Saturday was a bit hectic leading up to the party and I certainly couldn't have gotten everything ready without lots of help from family throughout the day. Eli loved seeing everything unfold before his eyes! He loved the balloons and of course Elmo stuff that we decorated with. I found him the cutest Elmo birthday shirt off Etsy and he was SO excited to wear it.

Marc and I had asked our friends to make a donation to the Ronald McDonald house this year instead of getting Eli a present. So, we decided we would let him open his presents from family before the party started. He was very excited to open his gifts and loved all of his new toys!
I have too many pictures from his party to share in this post so I will try to sort through them and put up a birthday party post later this week. Eli had the best time and I loved seeing him enjoy everything we did for him!

Sunday we got all dressed up to go to our Easter service at church. It was great getting to worship at church after missing the past few weeks. It is through Christ's death and resurrection that we can have a restored relationship with God, and I am so thankful that when He died on the cross some 2000 years ago He made that possible for me. That is good news indeed! The kids looked so precious that day in their new Easter clothes. I snapped a few pictures after church of them and think I need to put some of these in frames. :)
I hope you all had a great weekend with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment