Monday, April 11, 2011

A Weekend of Firsts

I just can't believe Hailey turns 6 months old in a few days. It seems like the time has gone by twice as fast as it did with Eli (probably because I am handling twice as many kids!). We had started Hailey on baby cereal when she turned 5 months old but knew last week that she was ready for some more solids. She just LOVES eating with a spoon. So, on Friday I made up some homemade baby food. We started Eli at this age on sweet potatoes, and it did not go over very well. We have it on video and it is certainly worthy of America's Funniest Videos. Maybe I will try to post it sometime. So, I decided to try something different with Hailey. I had a bag of frozen peas in the freezer so I steamed them up and then stuck them in the food processor. Eli never liked my homemade peas because the shell of the pea was a lot of texture so I decided to strain out those pieces this time and my peas turned out much smoother. Hailey really enjoyed them!
Eli was getting a little jealous he wasn't the center of attention and wanted me to take a picture of Marc feeding him. Ha! He is such a silly boy sometimes. :)
There was another big first for the weekend. Eli went for the first time that I can remember without taking a nap. He has had some days with short naps but always had at least something of a nap until Friday. He laid in bed for 2 1/2 hours and never fell asleep. He never wined or cried for me to come get him, so I just left him in there. I got him up around 3 pm so we could run some errands and go take Marc some dinner at the hospital. He eventually fell asleep on the way home from seeing Marc at 5:30. He was out cold when I pulled into the house. Since it was way too early for bed I just laid him on the couch until he woke up. Sleepy boy. :)
I thought Friday was a fluke but then it almost happened again on Sunday. He finally fell asleep that day after being in bed for 1 1/2 hours. At least he understood that it was still "rest" time even if he didn't fall asleep. Eli has always been such a great sleeper, and I am not ready for that to change. I think I need to remind him that he is not big enough yet to skip his nap time. :) Mama knows best, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment