The sand toys came with two small boats that we have let him play with in the bath. He has been so sweet to have already designated one of the boats for himself and one for Hailey to play with in the tub. Such a good big brother!
Watch out Hailey! Eli has a crazy golf swing. :)
Marc had to round both days this weekend so he didn't get to join us for lunch on Saturday. We decided to go and eat at Chipotle which is usually a favorite for Eli. It was obviously too close to his nap time because he got a little out of hand. Brandon and Stacey decided after this lunch that they might want to wait a little bit longer before they decide to venture into their child rearing years. Ha!
So, we took that wild one home for a nice long nap before we decided to head out again to the ZOO! Marc was able to meet up with us and we enjoyed a few hours with the animals. Stacey couldn't get over this chimp's bare bottom that he kept scratching. Ha!
My little thumb sucker. :)
This peacock was strutting its stuff as we were leaving the zoo! It's feathers were so pretty.
Our "attempted" family picture
It was such a beautiful day and I am glad we were able to get out to enjoy the outdoors. We finished a great day off by going out to eat for pizza. Brandon and Stacey headed back home early on Sunday and I stayed home while Marc was rounding at the hospital.
I really wish it was easier on me to get both kids to church by myself when Marc is working but it just isn't. I usually end up nursing Hailey once during church so I feel like it is a lot of work for me to get both kids there only to go and sit in the lobby to feed Hailey while listening to the sermon on the loud speakers. :( I know Marc wishes he were free to go with us as a family but this is just a rough month. We will be celebrating after tonight though because he is currently working his last 30 hour shift of residency! Woo hoo! He went in at 6 am today and will be done sometime around noon tomorrow with this shift. He is getting so close to the end. I am so proud of him and can't wait to see him graduate in June.
Once Marc got home from his rounds on Sunday he helped me clean the house for some showings we had that day. This was the first time he has helped clean for a showing and when we finished he told me he was in complete awe that I am able to do that with two kids in tow! Ha! We are praying for a contract on this house soon. We have had 4 showing in the past two days and are REALLY getting burned out of it. I just keep reminding myself that it only takes one to want it. :)
After our last showing on Sunday we came home and quickly ran through our dinner/bath/bedtime ritual so I could make Eli some cupcakes for school today. They were Elmo themed of course. :)
I may have eaten a cupcake (or two) in the process of icing them. They were too good to resist. I hope Eli enjoyed them today at school. He is worth every bit of effort it took to make them. I really can't believe that he is two. Time has passed so quickly. Hailey woke up early this morning around 3:30, and when I went in to put her pacifier in her mouth I peeked in on Eli sleeping soundly. I was remembering how two years ago at that time I was in labor and about to hold my very first child in my arms. He has brought us nothing but joy every since that moment. What a blessing it is to get to parent him and teach him how to love God and everyone around him. I look forward to seeing all the ways he is going to grow in this next year! Thank you God for choosing me to be his mommy.








No comments:
Post a Comment