We made major headway in the feeding department this weekend, and I am feeling MUCH better about it all. Eli enjoyed some bits of bread at Panera, ate a good amount of a waffle one morning for breakfast, and gobbled up some cut up green beans today at lunch. He also loves it when I feed him cheese, and he enjoyed some pieces of sliced cheese tonight at the Super Bowl party. Maybe in another week or two he will finally eat some fruit.
Marc has (so far) had a very calm weekend from what I could gather, but our calls keep getting dropped (that's when you know you're in the boonies) so we haven't been able to talk very long. I am certainly ready for him to return home tomorrow and hope the snow doesn't delay him too much in the morning when he leaves. I am thankful he is willing to work extra weekend shifts like this for us to continue whittling away at our student loans. He is such a good man and I am blessed to have him.
I promised Marc that I wouldn't let Eli take his first few steps this weekend but he is SO very close to walking. He can now stand by himself for a minute or two and will walk beside me holding on with just one hand. This past week he started taking one step towards me when he wanted me and then would fall after that. At the party tonight he crawled up an entire staircase by himself with me behind him as he went. I was so preoccupied with Eli that I don't think I saw a single play or even a commercial! He is just so busy and growing so fast. I can't believe his one year birthday is right around the corner.
So, with Marc gone this weekend there were two things that Eli did that might not have happened if Marc was around. He wore his overalls out of the house (I just love them and Marc can't stand them!) and he played in a playhouse with GIRLS and BABY DOLLS. Ha! Maybe when daddy sees these cute pictures he will think twice about the overalls. :)
Can I come in?
This little girl is a year older than Eli. It cracks me up seeing him play with the "big" kids.








I am just loving the pictures of Eli. What a sweet, sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteHe is growing up way too fast.
Sounds like you had a great weekend Steph - he's a good little traveler and buddy. Glad you had so much fun with him.
I cannot wait to get my hands on him - drool and all!!!
Love, Mama Reenie
He is so cute! It's so fun to read what y'all are up to and see pictures. I can't believe he's almost a year old!!! AHHH! love, Liz Wessel
ReplyDelete