Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ready, Set, Go!

I guess it was a good thing we didn't do any practice with walking this past weekend with Marc gone because sure enough, Eli was just that close! Eli took 5 steps all by himself last night to me and then again to Marc. What fun! He looks SO precious taking those ever cautious steps. We have it on video and I am hoping to figure out how to post it on here soon enough. :)

Besides enjoying one of Eli's firsts last night, I was busy cooking up a storm for work today. We each have secret pals at work and are supposed to bring snacks for the office on their birthday. I really love cooking for other people (I often think about how fun it would be to have a Bed and Breakfast!) but really despise the clean-up afterwards (thank goodness for a husband who often does the dishes!). Unfortunately, after last night my kitchen looked like a Kansas tornado had come barreling through. :) I just did not feel like cooking tonight after coming home and seeing the mess I had made! I decided to heat up some leftovers, chicken and spinach pasta bake. Mmmm! Eli really liked this dish last night when we ate it so I decided we would eat leftovers together while Marc worked some hours at the prompt care clinic.

I really look forward to our meal times as a family especially now that Eli is starting to feed himself. Hopefully, we can enjoy our food now as well instead of eating a quick bite in between shoveling food into our hungry boy's mouth. Ha! Our pastor this past Sunday was talking about how important family meal times are. He had some great statistics on how sitting down as a family improves the relationships within the family. This was actually just his introduction to a sermon on how Jesus longs to "dine" with us in life, but it still really left an impression on me. I hope that even as life gets busier I can still manage to protect our meal times together as a family. I think Eli hopes so too. :)

Is this a satisfied belly or what???


No comments:

Post a Comment