Saturday, February 27, 2010

Read to Me

Sick babies are absolutely no fun. :( This is the third illness with fever Eli has had since he has been born, and it isn't getting any easier. We are pretty sure he has RSV based on his symptoms and the fact that it has been going around his daycare class right now. He is doing better today and actually enjoyed some pepperoni pizza and green beans tonight with us for dinner! Hopefully, his fever will finally be gone tomorrow so we can all go back to work/school on Monday. Eli is not normally a cuddly baby. does not like sitting still for too long, and really does not like being held like a baby... until he gets sick. :) We have so enjoyed snuggling with him all weekend. When he is not sick, the only time we can ever get him to sit still in our laps (other than when he drinks a bottle) is when we read him books. He LOVES his books! He will sit with us and let us read to him for half an hour and be perfectly content. He loves turning the pages and touching anything on the page with texture.
These are some of his favorite books right now:
Books are so wonderful. Don't you remember your favorite books as a child? A few years ago before Marc and I were married, I started collecting a few of my favorite books from my childhood to have to share with my children one day. I bought Goodnight Moon, Caps for Sale, Amy the Dancing Bear, and a few others. One of my favorite books, No Baths for Tabitha, is no longer in print and was not really worth the $115 price tag on Amazon. Isn't that crazy??? Maybe I will run across it someday at a garage sale. :) I really loved reading as a child and I am so glad that Eli enjoys books as well.



1 comment:

  1. Awww...poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better. That is such a cute picture of Marc reading to Eli. I can't wait until our little one comes and we can read to her. Thanks for the suggestions of books!

    ReplyDelete