Friday, February 5, 2010

Simple Pleasures...

This past week Kelly was blogging about her simple pleasures in life. You know, the things that get you really excited that may or may not mean anything to anyone else in the world. So, I have been thinking about what my simple pleasures are. The thing that I REALLY love right now is checking in on Eli one last time before Marc and I go to bed. I walk into his room while he is sound asleep and rub his sweet head for a minute or two. I listen to him quietly breathe and thank God for what a blessing he is. Oh, he is so precious and I love him more and more every day. Here are some of my other simple pleasures:

Starbuck's hot chocolate
crawling into bed with clean, warm sheets
some good chips and salsa
warm breezy days
Christmas cards in the mail
listening to rain when going to sleep
a clean house
putting my feet up after a day of work
ordering dessert at the end of a great meal
a fire in the fireplace while watching a movie
the smell of rain
getting a really good deal on something
going out to eat last minute instead of cooking

It brings a smile to my face just thinking about them all! What are your simple pleasures???


Marc had yesterday morning off so he kept Eli home from daycare and took him to the pool. Eli loves his daddy so much and really enjoys the time they spend together! Apparently there was an older women's water aerobic class going on while Marc and Eli were playing in the pool and they all came over to dote on Eli. :)


Last night we went out to dinner and then to Marc's first basketball game for the season (and they won!). Eli did SO well even though we kept him up way past his bedtime. We had a great time. We are certainly going to miss Marc this weekend.... terribly! He is working the ER and doing hospital rounds in a small town near us for the weekend. When I say small I mean Marc is the ONLY doctor working for the weekend which means he will take care of whatever comes in. I am sure he is nervous but he will do great (just pray for nothing TOO crazy to happen!). I had orignally planned on taking Eli out there as well for the weekend but decided it was going to be too hard on both of us, especially if Marc is busy. So, I am going to be a single parent this weekend for three whole nights and days! I think I can.. I think I can.. I think I can... Ha! No, we will do fine I am sure. Eli is very easy going. I am sure he will enjoy making lots of messes, and I will follow right behind cleaning them up. :) Lately, when I am in the kitchen he will pull out all of the bottles and bowls from one of our lower cabinets that we keep his stuff in.

So our kitchen around 6 o'clock every evening usually looks something like this.

We are continuing to try Eli on some table foods. He had a really hard time with baby food when we first started. He did not like the texture at first and gagged on most anything if it was too thick. He is having a similar issue so far with table food. Most of the time he will put a piece of food in his mouth and spit it out right away. I have to try really hard not to laugh! So, we are still doing 99% baby food for the time being. He did try some waffles pieces this morning and actually kept them in long enough to chew them up (which is better than our last attempt!), but then he wouldn't swallow them. When he got tired of chewing, he would just spit the mush all back out, make his motorboat/rasberry noise, and then clap his hands like he was very pleased with himself. Maybe he can just eat cheerios for the rest of his life??? Well, I better go get ready before Eli wakes up from his nap. We are heading to Babies R Us this morning. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment