He sure was in a good mood when I went into his room to get him this morning!
Eli adjusts very well to new things. In the past few months we have switched him from sleeping in a sleep sack to sleeping with a blanket, from baby food to table food, and completely off his bottles to sippy cups. He took each change like a champ so I really shouldn't have been as worried about today as I was. I just didn't want him to be sad missing his other teachers. :( I got him all ready and we gathered up his supplies for his new room. I bought him a new bigger blanket for his cot that has Thomas the Train on it and is so cute and soft!
When we arrived at daycare and I opened the door to his new room, Eli immediately saw James, one of his friends, and walked straight over to greet him. The teachers were getting all the kids to sit in their chairs at the table for breakfast and Eli took a seat by James. He looked at me, smiled, waved bye, and never looked back. That is when the tears began to well up in my eyes. I knew he was going to be just fine. :)
After I left Eli, I went to his old room to visit with his teachers and take them a gift to show our appreciation for how well they have loved on Eli over the past year. I made these sweet gifts last night that had a cute rhyme and a picture of Eli. Behind these bookmarks in the bag were gift cards for Target. Who doesn't love a gift card to Target! The supplies I used were all left over from Eli's party which worked out great. :)
His teachers LOVED these and we all got tears in our eyes talking about our sweet Eli this morning. They are already asking if Baby #2 is going to be in their room when that time comes. :)








Hey Steph:
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine watching Eli for as long as those teachers did and not grieving in letting him go to the new room. I am glad it went well with the new teachers. It could be really rough on you if he was sad.
It is hard being a mommy - you are doing an awesome job. I had tears all the way to Kansas City after our weekend with you. We loved seeing Eli in his environment (King of the Roost)! I just loved watching him play and talk and interact with everyone. He did really well. Thanks for such a fun time; Dan and I really enjoyed it.