Well, back to the holidays. Since Marc and I have been married we alternate the major holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas, with our families. This is really the only way to do it since our families live over eight hours apart. So, this year we spent all of Christmas with my family. Christmas Day has always been a whirlwind for my family because we spend much of the day traveling on the road trying to see everyone in our extended families. I really don't like all the road time, but it is so much fun once we get to each destination. Our first stop this year was to Little Rock where we had lunch with my mom's side of the family.
I must have been too busy eating bon bons and fudge because this was the only picture I got during our time in Little Rock. It is a sweet one though. This is my Pappaw holding Hailey for the first time. :) My aunt had all of my Pappaw's war medals put in a shadow box for Christmas and I think it meant a lot to him. He got tears in his eyes when he opened it. It was special seeing the pride he has for his years of service in the army.
After we left Little Rock we headed further south to a small little town where my dad grew up. I actually lived there for my first four years of life. Marc LOVES it at Memaw and Poppy's but he always jokes that if I had grown up there for my whole life I would be a true country bumpkin with a strong southern twang. Ha!
Eli had fun opening up even more presents. He would get so excited when he saw something wrapped. It was hard to convince him sometimes that not every present was for him.
Hailey was certainly the center of attention everywhere we went. She sure made it in a lot of our pictures! I think mostly because she was the only child who would be still enough for me to get her picture. Eli was far too interested in all his new toys for pictures. :)
Well, that is it! I am officially caught up with our Christmas posts. And not a day to soon since I start back to work tomorrow. The challenging days are ahead now that I am working full-time and continuing to carry on the roles of wife and mother of two. Whew! It wears me out just thinking about it but I know we will manage just fine. :) I think my crock pot is about to see some real action in the coming months. Ha!








No comments:
Post a Comment