Friday, January 28, 2011

Spring in January!

Today I had a fun and relaxing Friday with the kids. Even though Eli is cutting four teeth right now and has been pretty irritable all week, he had a GREAT day today. Hailey is finally sleeping through the night (11-12 hrs.!) and even napping pretty well during the day. So, all in all, we are hanging in there. :)

Eli looked pretty goofy most of the morning since he insisted on wearing his swimming trunks (over his fleece PJs) along with his winter hat. A few times during a diaper change I tried to lose the swim trunks but he quickly found them and requested me to put them back on. Ha!
Marc was off after lunch today so we took the kids to the park after Eli's nap. It was 72 degrees here today!!! It was beautiful and the weather man said that today was the warmest day on record for January 28th. It is hard to believe that cold and snowy days will be here again next week We will certainly make sure and enjoy the nice weather while we have it, Marc decided to run with Eli to the park in the jogging stroller so I took Hailey in the car to meet them there. We had such a great time. Eli loves this park and it is so great that it is walking distance from our house.
I was so surprised that Eli went right up to this random dog to pet him! I know he likes dogs but I thought he would be a little more scared. I think we will have to work with him on not approaching strange dogs. Yikes! Fortunately, this one was friendly. :)
Well, both kids are sound asleep so I should probably take advantage and get to bed myself! Sometimes, I feel like "me" time is hard to find anymore and when I do find some time, sleep usually sounds a lot better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment