My baby sister got married this past weekend! However, I guess she's not a baby anymore now that she has a real job and is married. :) We do love Brandon and think he is a great match for Stacey. It was wonderful being a part of their special weekend to show our love and support.
We arrived into Rogers on Thursday evening and left again on Sunday. We were a little nervous how the kids would tolerate getting in the car again after our long Thanksgiving car rides but they did great. Our drive is a little over 4 hrs. which is just a little longer than Hailey can go at this point without eating so we did have to make one stop for her to eat. Once I start giving her bottles that trip will be much easier because I can just sit in the back and feed her a bottle while she is still in her car seat. We did that a few times with Eli when he was a baby and it worked great. I really plan on getting serious about starting some bottles this weekend! She is only a few weeks away from starting daycare so I am only delaying the inevitable. I have been telling people that I cringe when I look at my breast pump after using it for so long with Eli. It is a pain but worth it for the baby and the pocketbook. :)
So, I digressed a little... back to the weekend. Friday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. As the Matron of Honor I had to give a toast after the meal. I was really nervous about it but Marc coached me during my practices and I think it went pretty well in the end. I still don't plan on volunteering for any upcoming public speaking events. :) It was a great night and I was SO happy to see my sister so in love. She was just glowing all weekend. Here are some of my favorite pictures from Friday night.
On Saturday we had a bridesmaid luncheon and then headed to the salon to get our hair done. It was so much fun. Hailey stuck with me all day while Marc tended to Eli.
The reception was just fabulous. My mom and sister have been planning for a year now and all their hard work really showed. The reception was held inside the Pratt Place barn and Stacey wanted it to look like a winter wonderland. It was beautiful and I think she was really happy with how everything turned out.
Weddings are a lot of work! I think my dad is glad that he is done with them now that both of his girls are married. Stacey and Brandon are now relaxing and are enjoying the warm beaches of Mexico. What a great way to start off your life together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















No comments:
Post a Comment