Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving- Part 1

So, I decided I had too many pictures to put them all into one post so I am going to separate them into a few posts. Marc was fortunate to get a whole week off over Thanksgiving because it overlapped November and December which allowed him to take more time off. Since we have been married we have alternated holidays with our families and this was our year to be with his family for Thanksgiving. We had a great time! Eli is so friendly and warms up to most anyone within a few minutes. I think he is a joy for everyone to be around. It was also fun for Marc's siblings to get to meet Hailey since they weren't able to come see us when she was born. She spent a lot of time getting held and she loved it. :)
It was pretty cold while we were there. Illinois has cold winters! We brought Eli's coat with us but didn't have a hat for him so Marc shared his and he loved wearing it. I think he would wear anything I asked him to if it meant he was going to get a few minutes outside. :)
New houses are always fun for Eli because he gets to explore and in the case of his grandparents houses, play with new toys. :) Eli spent so much time crawling up and down Mama Reenie and Papa's stairs. He loved poking his head through the rails and looking at everyone down below. His Papa taught him how to slide down the stairs backwards which he loves and he can now go down the stairs at our house this way without me worrying about him falling.
The last time Eli met his cousins he was only 8 months old and he could have cared less about them but this time he got really excited and he still says their names when I show him pictures. It was also a challenge getting all the kids to share their toys, but I think that is pretty typical for this age. :)
On Thanksgiving we had turkey and all the fixins' and Eli didn't touch a thing. He wasn't feeling so great that day so he ended up eating a yogurt for his dinner! He did however enjoy the leftovers the next day when he was feeling better. It was so nice to spend time with everyone relaxing, eating great food, and watching football. I am thankful that I married into a great family and always enjoy the time we spend with them.

I am going to try to post some more pictures every day this week so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment